Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's Sunday, and I'm at home again

Today I woke up to jack hammering in the walls and Tim saying, "We're out of water." My first thought was that I didn't refill the Brita pitcher last night. I told him to just fill it up himself and he informed me that there was no water in the house. Or the pipes for that matter. No water?! Well, I was going to shower today, oh well. Who am I kidding, I probably wouldn't have showered anyway.

Now, for some reason, I am sitting with the curtains closed in the dark listening to the pipes. I have all of the faucets open, just waiting for water to come pouring out. Every now and then I here loud sputtering upstairs from the sink. The stuff that is coming out is definitely not water. It looks like it has gold dust floating in it, but I'm assuming that's just lead or mercury or some sort of toxic metal I don't want to be drinking. There is a van outside the complex that just says "Mr. Rooter." I'm officially grossed out. The office people say that it will be fixed within the day, and that I can use the shower in the model home. All my complaining has gotten me is the fancy ladies in the leasing office knowing that I won't be showering today.

So glad we only took out a four month lease.

No comments:

Post a Comment