Friday, August 19, 2011

Work just isn't working out


As happy as I am that I have a job, it doesn't stop me from wanting a different one. Without getting into too much detail, I will tell you that I am actively looking for another one, and hoping that it will come along soon. Let's just say that without Tim, who has been my rock this week more than ever, I would be curled up in a ball dreading the days that I have to be in the Pearl. I know that it's normal for people to hate their jobs, I see it all the time. But I've never felt this way this early on in a relationship with a company.

I'm still finding out what I want to do with myself, you know, like when I grow up and all. I have some leads that I need to look into. Some of them are old ideas that I had given up on. Does anyone remember when I wanted to be an archaeologist? Or was that just my Mommy wanting me to dig around in the dirt? And everyone wants to be a veterinarian, but I think I really would of liked it. My Grandpa talked me out of that one, telling me that in order to save animals I would have to cut a bunch open first to practice. I'm younger than I realize and still have time to change my mind, go get some more schooling, and become something that would make me happy. I don't have to settle. When have I ever settled? Never, that's when.

1 comment:

  1. Amber I agree you are young and should take some time to figure out what you are passionate about doing and do whatever you have to do to make that your life. In a few weeks I'm about to start up on 3 more years of school in Boston to be able to do something that I believe I will be passionate about for the following decades. Settling is for when you're dead. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete