Saturday, August 13, 2011

If I told you it's been a busy few days, it would be an understatement

This week I have been very productive. I've done the dishes a few times, I went to the grocery store, I had an interview, and oh, I got a job! You can't imagine the feeling I got when I realized that I will not be poor or homeless or hungry or any of the terrible thoughts that were floating around in my head. And this job seems like a pretty good one. I'll be working at a gallery that specializes in glass art and sells all kinds of glass gifts. It's a full time job and the pay is not bad either. I get to dress up in nice clothes and sell art and art accessories. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal. And to celebrate, I took myself shopping for a grown up, gallery appropriate wardrobe.

But that's not all that has happened this week, ladies and gentlemen, not in the least bit. Tim and I have been searching far and wide for the perfect little addition to our silly little family. It's been a long time coming, and we thought that we would never find the "one." With all of the other babies, we had a feeling when we saw them that they were special. I hate to complain, but we have seen so many puppies in these last few weeks that I was starting to get a little tired of their cute feet and wet noses. Well, I have to give the credit to Tim, who found this sweet little guy on Petfinder at a shelter about two and a half hours away from Portland. When we saw his picture on the internet we just knew that this grumpy looking old man of a pup would fit perfectly with our dysfunctional clan of misfits.

We went and visited with him on Friday, and were pleasantly surprised that he was better in person. Persie, the dog that thinks she is a cat, didn't really know what to do with the hamster sized puppy that was trying his hardest to suckle on her. But she didn't growl or bark at him once. He seemed to fall in love with her right when he saw her and we couldn't have hoped for a better introduction. The idea is that he will be a normal dog and teach Persie how to do dog things, like sniff butts and play fetch. We'll see. Most likely she will teach him what she knows, like cleaning her face and paws after meals.

We get to pick him up next week, when he'll be about seven weeks old. They told us he was born on July 4th at the shelter. His mom, a pure bred chihuahua, was bred and then surrendered to the shelter because the owners couldn't care for her anymore. They say his dad was a poodle and lhasa apso mix. He's gonna be one cute little mutt, I tell you what.

Here are a few pictures from the shelter. You can bet there will be many more coming. We have some names we are considering, a few of them being Winston, Newton, Bower, and Sampson. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

He may look big, but he is about the size of a soda can.

They told us he will be a wired haired dog.

I love his little beard and big 'ole chin. And those eyes melt my heart.
And here is a picture of Persie when she was his age. They look like they were from the same litter.
Separated at birth, by 4 years and many states.

No comments:

Post a Comment