Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's been quite a few days...

Quite a many few. Sorry for that. Here's an update for those who haven't heard: I have a new job! I have waved goodbye to the Dapper(Stinky) Frog, and have finally found a job that I am actually happy to attend for the majority of my days. It is with a local discount art supply and frame shop called I've Been Framed. Even if I didn't work there I would be singing their praise, because, man, they have some amazing deals and an awesome shop, and they are what a small business should be. Everyone who works there loves it and I feel that I am quickly following suit. At first I was a bit scared of another bad situation like the Stinky Toad, but the more I have looked for things to be wrong ( I know, I am crazy and probably too negative and only crazy people look for the bad in things) I've found more and more perks and awesomeness. I get the best deals(the best Jerry, the best) on anything art related that I could imagine. It is a full time job and they pay me. What else could I ask for? It's what I need right now, a nice, easy, fun job while I figure out what to do with myself. Hopefully that will begin to happen sometime soon. I have some leads, I just need to make a decision, and that, my friends, is gonna take some time.

So my life now has a little structure, which is good, very good. Believe it or not, all of the tasks don't seem as daunting when you only have a couple of days a week to do them. When I had all day every day to do whatever I felt should be done first, I ended up sitting around for half of the day, doing nothing. There is no logic behind this, but it's how it was, and I'm glad that it won't be that way again. I'm confusing myself.

Tim and I are both making money, and that's when things have always been good for us. In college, it always seemed like only one of us had a job at one time. We were always just getting by. In the one year that we both were employed after we got married, we saved more money than I had earned in the previous four years combined! We are saving machines. We like to deprive ourselves of things like fancy dinners, coffees at Starbucks, and drinking outside of the home. We enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that for the same price of a pint at a restaurant, we can drink a 750ml bottle of an organic local microbrew in the comfort of our own home. We like using coupons. We like eating Tombstone pizza. We like saving our change. You all think we are crazy. That's okay. One day we will save so much that we won't have to work anymore. Well, probably not, but wouldn't that be nice? For now, we'll dream about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment