Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Few New Kitchen Buddies

We have a new friend hanging around our kitchen. Tonight I bought a pot and fashioned a hanging basket using some jute, all for under $5. The lucky plant that gets to live in there is some tropical grass courtesy of my friend Kristi. We also bought a curtain that was on sale. It's a perfect rusty orange, but just a bit too long. I plan on hemming and splitting it down the middle to create a double panel cropped curtain that ends just at the sill. We bought a few more things at the old depot, such as some butcher block oil, some large container garden size pots, and some sweet drill bits. There will be quite a few projects happening tomorrow at our house. I also just got around to putting up a few Christmas presents from my sister Angie. Unicorns and owls, oh my!

New hanging buddy!

New rusty orange curtain needs a bit of sewing and  ironing...
A jute rope contraption.

A strange but awesome unicorn cross stitch that Angie found in my grandma's sewing pile.
Why would grandma make a unicorn cross stitch? Because unicorns are awesome. 
 
Yep, unicorns.

A new mini owl tea set, complete with a sugar and creamer. A Christmas present from my Angie.

No comments:

Post a Comment