Sunday, January 8, 2012

Our Collected Kitchen

It's been a few months, but with Christmas and all, we have still yet to get our new place in order. The room that is the closest to being complete: the kitchen. We have solved it's main issue, lack of counter space, by adding a sweet butcher block table very similar to the one that graced our kitchen in Richmond. We have recollected some of our favorite things that we had to sell when moving, and have gained quite a few more new pieces. Our new kitchen has such great open wall space on one side. We have started to fill it up, primarily with functional but pretty things, like enamel bake ware and a few of our colored glass mugs hanging from hooks. The left side of the kitchen is still quite boring, as it is all cabinets and refrigerator, so I don't have any pictures of it below. It looks pretty much the same as when we moved in, and as far as decorating goes, I am at a standstill. The only thing I can fathom is to paint the faces of the cabinets and our lease says no painting. Hmm... I'm sure something will come to me. Until then, enjoy some photos of the right side of the kitchen.


My sittin' stool, for when I want to sit while I stir.

My salt and pepper shaker cabinet.

Our new awesome pot rack system from Ikea. Slightly cluttered and perfectly accessible.

Sugar bird, bird shakers, and coffee storage.

Butcher table from Ikea, self stained our favorite dark walnut. About $50 total project cost.
Our knife storage is in the works. Magnetic wall things are on the Fix It list.

Drying my rosemary.

New kettle with a whistle. Tim likes them to whistle.

Kitchen cactus. Very stabby.

Love my orange pots.

A few open cabinets for my pretty things, and my raisin canister.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the warm colors!!

    So if you can't paint the cabinets, what if you painted pieces of paper the same size as the cabinets and taped them to the cabinets? Like to the inner section of the cabinet leaving a white frame around them?

    I love the semi curved shelves.
    Keep the photos coming. Place looks great!
    Tanya Rogish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! Paper would be so easy too! I could even find some awesome printed stuff. Dang, now I'm excited!

      Delete