Monday, March 19, 2012

The amazing Angela Bacskocky, my outrageously talented sister

My sister has made more garments for me than I can name. She sewed several of my prom and formal dresses for high school. She made me the most beautiful wedding dress in the whole wide world. When I was very young, she would take me to the fabric stores and have me pick out patterns and fabrics that I liked (always velvet and silky ones) and she would make me nice clothes. She is the best.

She has accomplished so many things over the years. Now she is about to launch an Autumn/Winter collection and multimedia art exhibition entitled Nest. The fashion line will debut at Richmond Fashion Week next month, and an all encompassing art show will follow, showcasing all of the elements from the Nest.

I wish so much that I could be back in Richmond to experience this. I urge everyone who has the means to get involved in every way that they can. And boy are there plenty of ways to get involved! This is a link to the Nest Kickstarter which is a website that enables you to donate to her project in exchange for amazing handmade presents and things. This is a link to her Facebook page and one to her Tumblr where you can keep tabs on her and all the amazing events coming up. Here in her official website, AngelaBacskocky.com.  And hey, if you know her personally, I know she is always looking for a hand in the studio :)

And just for fun, here a a few photos from her various websites.

Nest garment. 

My sister is a mason, too.
Sketches and mood board stuff.

Sketches and mood board stuff. 


Skulls, a very important part.
A piece from her Hungarian Folk Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment