Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Dessert Themed Birthday Party

Last weekend Tim and I attended a wonderful birthday party hosted by my friend and coworker Kristi. It just so happened to be her birthday and she wanted a lovely dessert themed party. It was just my type of party, the kind revolving around food :)

I made truffles very similar to the ones I had made for Valentines, per Kristi's request. The sprinkles I happened to have just so happened to match her color scheme. There was everything from chocolates to fruit and cake skewers to jellied fruit shooters to red velvet cupcakes. It was a decadent affair to say the least. Tim and I went home full of sugar and life was very good. Thanks Kristi for throwing such an awesome themed party!


Wishbone chocolates from the chocolate man at
Neapolitan Chocolate & Co. (pinkwhitebrown.com).

Jello shooters in citrus peels! Magic keeps the jello inside the peel.

My contribution of my special peanut butter truffles.

Pretty straws in flutes for the mimosas and bellinis.

Mimosa and bellini bar complete with raspberries, strawberries, and orange, pineapple and  passion of guava juices.

Parting gifts. A delicious tower of cupcakes.

Kristi's mermaid birthday card made by Heather at work.

Photo with the birthday girl!


What a spread!

Those strawberry and angel food skewers were so good!

Cookies and cream cake pops!

Tim being cute.

Me not being cute at all.


A toast to the hostess with the mostess!

Breaking a chocolate wishbone... and Kristi wins!

1 comment: